Monday, May 4, 2009

Beautiful Bluebells

We found a lovely little grove of bluebells on our hike. We actually went looking for them. A good friend had told us about them and we were intrigued!

The sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day in and out of the forest. The bluebells did not disappoint!

Our own little bluebell!

Such delicate little flowers.

Amazing! They carpeted the forest floor. They were everywhere!

Sophie practicing her photography with our old camera. Riley's a great subject to capture!

The view from the edge of the forest. Typical English countryside, so pleasant. We all enjoyed hearing the little lambs baaing in the distance.
These fields are so pretty now. It's such a contrast with the green and blue. (I think it is rapeseed?) Is it the farm girl in me that loves the look of these fields? Surely not going to deny it!

9 comments:

Kris said...

So pretty! You will have to tell us where those bluebells are, I would love to go there!

I am so in love with all the yellow fields, and yes, it is rapeseed.

Kerri said...

Looks like so much fun! And so beautiful...I want to find a hike like that here!

Emily Norby said...

These pictures--frame them!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness-your posts make me miss England So much!! Especially the "fields of gold" and oh the daffodils! I didn't see as many bluebells-but the green and just the beauty of it all. Not much else rivals that!

I love that you're living there and having that opportunity!!

Kelly said...

Looks so fabulous! Thanks for sharing this.

mabeybowman said...

Your kids look so cute in these photos! Ah bluebells!

suzanne said...

Nat-- these photos are so cute! What a fun Saturday adventure :)

R and S said...

Hi Natalie!
I enjoy seeing all of the beautiful places that you visit there. Good to see a comment from you on our blog. I was wondering if you had received my e-mail reply. Happy 35 to you! Have a wonderful day.
Shelley

Arlene said...

Wonderful pictures. Such a contrast to SE Idaho. I love the English countryside.