Thursday, April 29, 2010

Running into Trouble

April 17, 2010. SALT LAKE CITY. Half-Marathon.

It began as peer pressure from my younger sister, Julie. And turned into a really good thing for Michael and I to get our booties moving and start the ever-ongoing quest to shape up our health. We began training in February, and despite a few falls off the wagon (how can you visit New Orleans and not enjoy the good food?), we triumphantly crossed the finish line, and we weren't last. It was a GREAT experience. So much so, that we've long forgotten the pain and soreness, and are anticipating other races to enter ...hoping to keep the momentum going. Yes, I think we're running into a bit of trouble! Wish us luck!

Before the race...the sun just beginning to come up. The lines for the bathroom (honey pots) extremely long. Pre-race jitters.

At the end...with smiles!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Wow...so many updates! Good to see you back. It looks like life is treating you well. The new house looks gorgeous. I'm sure you are enjoying it!

Way to go on the half marathon. That is awesome! I am running one in August with my sister-in-law. I'm so excited.

Miss you guys.
XOXOXO

Kerri said...

So awesome you are inspiring. Miss you and hope all is oging well.