Monday, November 10, 2008

AFRICA #1

Michael dares a kiss from the giraffe, Laura.

I loved the giraffes, especially in the wild. I'm sure I'll post more pictures of that later!

Riley and Sophie posing in front of the elephants at the orphanage. A highlight of the trip was petting the baby elephants and seeing them up close!

We arrived just as they were about to feed the baby elephants. They wore blankets on their backs to keep them warm in the absence of the mother's warmth. It didn't feel that cold to me, though!

So good to see my parents! There's nothing quite like a hug from your mom and dad. Ahhh!And they got to meet Lucy for the first time, too! She was born while they were in the MTC ~almost 1 1/2 years ago!


We had an awesome adventure in Africa! We visited Grandma and Grandpa Taylor and tagged along with them to their zone conference and branch training before experiencing the wild animals of Africa! The kids (and the adults) had permanent open mouths and bug-eyes...just couldn't believe what they were seeing! It was fun to watch the kids' reactions to the whole experience, almost as fun as seeing it for the first time myself! WOW! We were DAILY reminded of the beauty of the earth and God's creations. And thankful for the opportunity to see and be part of it. Thanks for a great visit, Mom and Dad! We love and miss you!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

I love all your pictues-what an amazing trip you had. And I agree, there is nothing like seeing parents and family after a long time--even after a short while. It just makes a heart happy.

bgtaylor said...

So I just went through the Africa pictures and I have a big smile on my face. Thanks for coming and sharing our life for a little while. We'll never forget the adventure! We love you all! Mom and Dad