Tuesday, February 17, 2009

City of B A T H

We survived half-term! One of the days we drove 2 hours to the city of Bath. We had a great time and enjoyed getting outside in the "warm" air!

We visited the Roman Baths...established around 70BC. They were remarkable! We got to taste the water in the "Pump Room" which wasn't that great...

But we were all willing to give it a try! Sophie thought it looked dirty!

Hanging out listening to an audio tour... catered to our young crowd!


A little Artsy photo shoot.

The master bathroom...haha.

Previous to our Roman Bath House Tour...we watched this entertaining "busker" (street performer) juggle knives while riding a unicycle...which the kids absolutely loved!

Lovely Ionic columns in the city center.

Lucy and her daddy.

The Pulteney Bridge on the river Avon. There are shops all through the bridge. The water was a cool looking green! (Hard to tell from the picture.)

Walking with Lucy...must be nap time. Check out her huge yawn!

Lucy's leash came in handy in situations like this...she got a kick out of it and giggled all the while she was being reeled back in!

We were happy to see the sun for a brief time! Lucy found some ducks on the river to "talk" to!

Our little English girl...complete with artistic bird in flight!

A cool little museum we saw as we were driving around. We didn't get to see all that we wanted...so we will return on another occassion!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Bath is a place I have yet to visit. It is on my list for the next trip though-whenver that is!

Ooh, I miss it. You must eat the following things for me:

Onken Yogurt-Peach or Strawberry (the kind with the grains in it)

Chocolate Digestives
Chocolate Hob Nobs

And a Cadbury whole nut bar.

Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
What an experience. I'll just keep living through you!

Camille said...

Natalie,
I love all the pictures! Every time I look at your blog...and your adorable pictures...I freak out a little bit! YOU are in England. YOU live there! totally cool. I love the shot of Sophie and the bird in flight. She looks so grown up!

bgtaylor said...

What some great photos and what a marvelous excursion. I'd love to go and see Bath. I'm excited that you are seeing so many exciting places and experiencing that beautiful country of England. What fabulous memories!