Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux


We finished reading our book as a family, one or two chapters each night! We read the book, The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. We picked it up at a bookstore during our Christmas holiday and just last night read the very last chapter! It was a fun book to read and Sophie and Riley enjoyed the story. These are their favorite parts:

Sophie: I liked the whole book because it was exciting, especially when Despereaux was born. We found out that he had big ears and was born with his eyes open! And I want to be a princess some day!



Riley: I liked the whole book, except for the part when Despereaux got sent to the dungeon! It was scary and I didn't like him getting pushed down all those stairs. I think Despereaux is a good hero.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

we read this book as a family too. I haven't been reading to my younger kids the way we used to when the older ones where small. Thanks for reminding me how great it was!